Will;

["Will Parkinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> @ Fri, 8 Jun 2007 16:35:45 +1000]

> Hi Zdenek
>
> I have JDK 6.0 installed (from this url
> http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp)

Ubuntu comes preinstalled with GNU classpath and friends so no matter
whether or not you install an "additional" JDK, the preinstalled "GNU
Java" always will be first to be found. An easy solution to fix this
(at least this is how I do it by now, on several machines) is to set
JAVA_HOME and PATH to something like this:

export JAVA_HOME=/opt/java
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

Prepending the $JAVA_HOME/bin to $PATH helps here because, by then, the
java(c) commands provided by the JDK are to be found first (and used,
by then - otherwise the "GNU Java" that comes with Ubuntu will be used
no matter which JDK you do have installed).

As an alternative, of course, you might want to install the sun-java
stuff from Ubuntu multiverse... ;)

Cheers,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: [EMAIL PROTECTED] * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771