Hi Mike,

The attachment is an instruction that work well for me If you can follow
them...!

--Daniel

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 14:25 -0400, Michael Angelo wrote:
> I have followed the instructions on the Apache web site verbatim and I still
> cannot get IIS and Tomcat 5.5 to work together. I have set up the jsp-examples
> like the instructions say. The isapi.log file shows the filter matching on
> *.jsp and it determines it should be redirected to ‘jakarta’. I get the
> error page 404 each and every time.
>

> Any tips?
>

> Mike.

Configuring the ISAPI Redirector

Required files

    * isapi_redirect.dll - The IIS server plugin.
    * isapi_redirect.properties - A file that contains the ISAPI redirector
configuration properties. A sample isapi_redirect.properties is shown below.
    * workers.properties - A file that describes the host(s) and port(s) used
by the workers (Tomcat processes). A sample workers.properties is shown below.
    * uriworkermap.properties - A file that maps URL-Path patterns to workers.
A sample uriworkermap.properties is shown below.

isapi_redirect.property names and values:

Name                    Value
extension_uri           The value pointing to the ISAPI extension
                        (/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll)

log_file                The value pointing to location where log file will be
created.
                        (C:\Program Files\Tomcat\logs\isapi.log)

log_level               The value for log level
                        (debug, info, warn, error or trace).

worker_file             The full path to workers.properties file
                        (C:\Program Files\Tomcat\conf\workers.properties)

worker_mount_file       The full path to uriworkermap.properties file
                        (C:\Program Files\Tomcat\conf\uriworkermap.properties)

rewrite_rule_file       The full path to rewrite.properties file
                        (for example C:\Program
Files\Tomcat\conf\rewrite.properties)

shm_size                Size of the shared memory. The number of all defined
workers * 400.
                        (Set this value only if you have more then 64 workers)

worker_mount_reload     Value specifying the time in seconds upon which the
worker_mount_file will be reloaded.

strip_session           Value representing a boolean. (The default value is
false.)
                        (If it is set to true, URL session suffixes of the form
";jsessionid=..." get stripped of URLs,
                        even if the are served locally by the web server. A
true value can be represented by the string
                        "1" or any string starting with the letters "T" or "t".
A false value will be assumed for "0" or
                        any string starting with "F" or "f".)

Example configuration file for the Jakarta ISAPI Redirector

# The path to the ISAPI Redirector Extension, relative to the website
# This must be in a virtual directory with execute privileges
extension_uri=/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll

# Full path to the log file for the ISAPI Redirector
log_file=C:\Program Files\Tomcat\logs\isapi_redirect.log

# Log level (debug, info, warn, error or trace)
log_level=info

# Full path to the workers.properties file
worker_file=C:\Program Files\Tomcat\conf\workers.properties

# Full path to the uriworkermap.properties file
worker_mount_file=C:\Program Files\Tomcat\conf\uriworkermap.properties

Example uriworkermap.properties:

/examples/*=worker1
/axis/*=axis

Example workers.properties:

worker.list=worker1,axis

worker.worker1.host=192.168.1.23
worker.worker1.port=8009
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.axis.host=192.168.1.11
worker.axis.port=8009
worker.axis.type=ajp13

IIS Configuration

   1. Create the file C:\Program Files\Tomcat\conf\uriworkermap.properties
using the example above.

   2. Create the file C:\Program Files\Tomcat\conf\workers.properties using the
example above

   3. Create the file C:\Program Files\Tomcat\conf\isapi_redirect.properties
using the example above.

   4. Using the IIS management console, add a new virtual directory to your IIS
web site. The name of the virtual
      directory must be jakarta. Its physical path should be the directory
where you placed isapi_redirect.dll.
      (C:\Program Files\Tomcat\bin). While creating this new virtual directory
assign it execute access.

   5. Using the IIS management console, add isapi_redirect.dll as a filter in
your IIS web site.
      The name of the filter should reflect its task (IIS2Tomcat), its
executable must be
      C:\Program Files\Tomcat\bin\bin\isapi_redirect.dll.

   6. Using the IIS management console, click on the "Web Service Extensions"
folder.
        A. On the right side, click on the "Add a new Web service extension"
link.
        B. Type in the extension name you want (IIS2Tomcat).
        C. Click the "Add" button and add the "isapi_redirect.dll" file.
        D. Check the "Set extension status to Allowed" box at the bottom
        E. Click "OK".

   7. Restart IIS (stop + start the IIS service), make sure that the jakarta
filter is marked with a green up-pointing arrow. Under Win98 you may need to cd
WINDOWS\SYSTEM\inetsrv and type PWS /stop ( the DLL and log files are locked -
even if you click the stop button, PWS will still keep the DLLs in memory. ).
Type pws to start it again.

That's all, you should now start Tomcat and ask IIS to serve you the /examples
context. Try http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html for example and execute
some of the JSP examples.