-----Original Message-----
From: lightbulb432 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2007 10:30 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: ServletContextListener

>Can requests potentially arrive at a servlet before the
ServletContextListener's contextInitialized method has
>completed? I ask because the method occurs as a notification once the
servlet context is ready to accept requests. >Is there a chance, then,
that a request could begin being served while your contextInitialized
method is being
 >carried out (especially if it's long-running)?

>Is contextInitialized suitable only for things like logging the fact
that a context is ready, or can it be used for >setup that MUST occur
before the first request is accepted? If not the latter, what can be
used to serve this
>function?

ContextInitialized can be used for setting up various services in the
backend before accepting the first request.

--lakshmi