Thanks for the response.

Yes, the redirectPort attribute needs to match the port for the SSL
Connector (in your case, 443).  And it's a good thing, since IE has issues
on 4.1.x when you try and use a non-default port for the SSL Connector.

So do i define the redirect attrbute in the SSL part or in the non-SSL part
of the server.xml document? Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
reym