Hello,

I am about to finalize some early state Spring web application (just the
persistence and logic part). I am using Hibernate to retrieve data from a
database. I created the whole logic using the Spring framework; at the top
there is a Session Facade providing access to all the services.

At this point I want to create JSP/JSF views in another webapp. I want to
create a new web application that *USES* the services of the one described
above.

For Tomcat 6 there is a folder called "$CATALINAHOME/lib" that is said to be
used for that kind of stuff. But isn't this folder meant to be used for jars
instead of complete running web apps?

1.) Does it work to create a war file from my services webapp and put it into
the lib directory? Is this the way to go?

2.) Furthermore: Where do I start with my JSP/JSF view webapp? I assume I have
to access the SessionFacade somehow. I will have to access the logic web app
from within my view-webapp.

I'd appreciate some hints on that!
Thanks in advance!