Hi!

The problem is resolved by deleting Tomcat5 service from Windows XP
and redo the Tomcat installation:

1) Start | Run and type cmd in the Open:  Click OK.
2) Type: sc delete Tomcat5
3) Reboot the system

On 6/14/07, hezjing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi!

I got this error when trying to install Tomcat 5.5.23 on Windows XP:

       Failed to install Tomcat5 service.
       Check your settings and permissions
       Ignore and continue anyway (not recommended)?

the above error occurs with these status:
       tomcat-users.xml written
       Remove folder: C:\Temp\confinstall
       Using Jvm: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\client\jvm.dll

I abort the installation at this point.

After searching the Google, I tried to set the environment variable
TEMP and TMP to C:\Temp, but that doesn't help either.

When I open the Services (Local) window, I see that there is a service
named Apache Tomcat (Apache Tomcat 5.5.23 Server -
http://tomcat.apache.org/"; ...
I think this service is created but not being remove when I abort the
Tomcat installation.

Please help, thank you!

--

Hez