Hi,

I installed Tomcat 5.5.23 stand-alone and then replaced the default index.jsp home page (webapps/ROOT/index.jsp) with a different a different jsp. But, no matter what I do, I still get the default Tomcat home page and not the pager I replaced it with. At first I thought it was my browser caching simply caching the original page. I cleared cache and that made no difference, so I tried wget, a command line utility that knows nothing about caching. I still got the default Tomcat home page. I tried using wget from a different machine -- same results. I could see from doing a "ps -ef | grep java" that I wasn't running a second Tomcat process and just to make sure that I was actually talking to the server I thought I was talking to, I killed the Tomcat process and tried again. This time I got a "Connection refused", meaning that no other server was answering the GET requests. I restarted Tomcat and once again got the original default home page instead of the actual index.jsp that replaced it.

Can anyone tell me where this content is coming from?

Thanks,
Rob