I managed to get a jar file shared across two webapps in my Tomcat 6.
Inside there is a class that represents a Singleton.

The problem: the singleton class is instantiated by the first webapp and
then again instantiated in the second webapp. So there are 2
representations of the class and it is not really shared.

There has to be a way to let the first webapp instantiate the singleton
and set some property so that the second webapp can use the singleton
and read the property. How do I achieve this?