Should that not be :
jvmRoute="balancer"

C.

-----Original Message-----
From: Filip Hanik - Dev Lists [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 14 June 2007 20:45
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: sticky sessions not sticking

change your JVM route to
jvmRoute="worker1", as I believe the jvmRoute value has to match the
name of the worker.

Filip

Eddie Yee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if this is a bug, but it appears that my sticky sessions

> configuration don't want to stick.   I am running two servers with
> tomcat 5.5.20 (configured as single servers ie. no session
> replication) with standard ajp13 connector (8009) and one web server
> running iPlanet 6 with tomcat Connector 1.2.23.
>
> The following are my configurations:
>
> Tomcat server.xml
> ..
> ..
>    <Engine
>        defaultHost="localhost"
>        jvmRoute="TCTAPP1"               <!-- TCTAPP2 is set for the
> second server  -->
>        name="Catalina">
>      <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"/>
>      <Host
>          appBase="webapps"
>          name="localhost">
> ..
> ..
>

> iPlanet workers.properties
>
> worker.list=balancer
> worker.worker1.host=ssatstapp1.xxxxxx.com        #xxx'd out for
privacy
> worker.worker1.port=8009
> worker.worker1.type=ajp13
> worker.worker1.socket_keepalive=1
> worker.worker1.socket_timeout=90
> worker.worker1.lbfactor=1
> worker.worker1.domain=domain1
>
> worker.worker2.host=ssatstapp2.xxxxxx.com
> worker.worker2.port=8009
> worker.worker2.type=ajp13
> worker.worker2.socket_keepalive=1
> worker.worker2.socket_timeout=90
> worker.worker2.lbfactor=1
> worker.worker2.domain=domain1
>
> worker.balancer.type=lb
> worker.balancer.balance_workers=worker1,worker2
> worker.balancer.method=S
> worker.balancer.sticky_session=1
> worker.balancer.sticky_session_force=0
>

> iPlanet magnus.conf
>
> Init fn="load-modules" funcs="jk_init,jk_service"

shlib="/spfs/iplanet/servers/plugins/lib/nsapi_redirector_1_2_23_sol9.so
"

> Init fn="jk_init"
> worker_file="/spfs/iplanet/servers/plugins/lib/workers.properties"
> log_level="debug"
> log_file="/spfs/iplanet/servers/plugins/lib/nsapi_redirector.log"
>

> iPlanet obj.conf
> <Object name="spat2" ppath="*/spat2/*"> ObjectType fn="force-type"
> type="text/html"
> Service fn="jk_service" method="*" worker="balancer"
> </Object>
>

> When accessing the application, it occasionally occasionally works but

> after clicking around the application it will get load balanced to the

> other server.  Sometimes it does it right away, sometimes it take a
> few clicks.
>
> Do you see any problem with the configuration above?

> Need a break? Find your escape route with Live Search Maps.
> http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?ss=Restaurants~Hotels~Amusement%20Pa
> rk&cp=33.832922~-117.915659&style=r&lvl=13&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&sc
> ene=1118863&encType=1&FORM=MGAC01

> e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This email and its attachments are confidential and are intended for the above
named recipient only. If this has come to you in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system. You must take no
action based on this, nor must you copy or disclose it or any part of its
contents to any person or organisation. Statements and opinions contained in
this email may not necessarily represent those of Littlewoods Shop Direct Group
Limited or its subsidiaries. Please note that email communications may be
monitored. The registered office of Littlewoods Shop Direct Group Limited is
1st Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB, registered
number 5059352

www.blackspider.com