If you have an evil admin, there is nothing stopping the him from sniffing the network, or starting tomcat with a debugger which can look at the memory or {insert evil action here} ;)

-Tim

Peter Crowther wrote:
From: Nelson, Tracy M. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] An easier approach might be to write your encrypting logger as a filter
and have it take its input from a named pipe.

I thought about suggesting that, but there's a weak point - there's
nothing to stop an admin killing the encrypting logger and siphoning the
unencrypted logs out of the named pipe.  It has to be built into the
originating process, I think, and a custom appender is probably the
least awful way.