Hi, I'm experiencing some issues with getting correct behaviour on deploying
multiple Contexts based on a single WAR. I need to do this because whilst my
application is common to multiple contexts, I need to control RemoteAddress
access to some of them via the relevant context Valve.

I have defined multiple contexts in conf/catalina/localhost/*.xml each of
which use a common docBase and this appears to create each of the webapps on
start-up.

However the servlet-mapping entries that are defined in the common
web-inf/web.xml do not appear to be applied in accessing the copied context.
For example the url-pattern which redirects to a servlet does not take
effect on the copied context definition, whereas it does apply on the webapp
that is named after the originating WAR.

I guess I could deploy multiple WARs each named differently, but that seems
to defeat what the common docBase is trying to achieve?

Is this behaviour expected? All comments gratefully received.