--- Christopher Schultz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
> >> From: Giovanni [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >> Subject: Tomcat not close file when webapps is stopped
> >
> >> Can I force the close of the file on Tomcat when the webapps
> >> is stopped?
> >
> > It's not Tomcat's responsibility to clean up resources that it has no
> > knowledge of - that's up to the webapp.  You should be able to use a
> > ServletContextListener to accomplish that.  See section 10 of the
> > Servlet Spec.
>
> Giovanni: you might want to ask the authors of the CMS application you
> are using (OpenCMS?) if anyone has observed anything like this before.
> I'm pretty sure that Struts doesn't open its own library for any reason
> (and keep it open), but you could also ask on the Struts list if anyone

For OpenCMS only the log file remaining open. I have 2 webapps with same
problem my cms and OpenCMS. The problem there is also in others webapps. It's
very difficult tell to all developers which the their webapps are bugged
because they not release the resource. So I thought if tomcat can force it.

> has observed that behavior before. You might also want to just wait...
> Java doesn't always clean everything up at once. Give your JVM a few
> minutes and take another look. Otherwise, break out a memory profiler
> and start poking around.

I await threee minuts but nothing the file remaining open.

JMX can help me? Or is it only for monitoring?