----- Original Message -----
From: Johnny Kewl
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2007 1:41 PM
Subject: [nbusers] GlassFish VERSES Tomcat

Guys, this is bothering me...
I read about JBoss & Tomcat, Geronimo & Tomcat, Spring & Tomcat.... GlassFish
VERSES Tomcat.

What is the servlet container being used in Glassfish?
If it is a new thing, are their any assurances or policy statements out there,
that it will remain compatible with Tomcat.
Saying the specs are the same is not enough... I want to know that I can move
development in one easily to the other, always.

If Sun looks at this link
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=glassfish&word2=tomcat
I think they should be making those assurances and putting a stop to VERSES
articles, its stupid, one is a servlet container, the other an application
container, like comparing a women to a man... they just different ;)
Its simple, if it becomes incompatible or a nightmare to work between ANYTHING
and Tomcat, we cant use it, wont even take the risk.

Johnny Kewl
  eMail: John<No Spam>kewlstuff.co.za  -- replace <No Spam> with @ --
  Cell: +027-72- 473-9331