Hi there,
Check out CGIwithR package.
http://www.omegahat.org/CGIwithR/
I have been using it for a while. You can execute R scripts and post the
output to using RHTML package
or using simple print.
hope it helps,
Kaustubh

On 6/24/07, Yifan (Eric) Jiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all,

I've been asked to develop a Java Axis web service to call R program
(http://www.r-project.org/). There is a Java/R interface
(http://www.rforge.net/rJava/) has been developed and allows to call
methods and access R object from Java. So my application is running fine
as a normal Java application. However, it fails to run the R program
when it is running as web service.

Well from my experience, I guess the only reason to cause it was because
Tomcat doesn't allow its own web applications to consume other programs
that are not inside Tomcat. Similar situation happen before when I was
trying to use System.getenv("CATALINA_HOME"). It was running fine as a
normal Java application, but doesn't work when it is running inside
Tomcat.

So does anyone know how to configure Tomcat to use other programs that
are not inside Tomcat?

By the way, the version of my tomcat is 5.5.23.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Eric Jiang