> From: lightbulb432 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: In-Process Tomcat
>
> You're actually the first person I've heard to say that apps
> that need to scale would not use HTTPD. I've read the exact
> opposite on multiple occassions, but as I'm a relative newbie
> to Tomcat I'm hoping people on this mailing list can correct
> me. Could you expand on your point further?

Once upon a time, Tomcat was not terribly efficient at returning static
content, and that no longer valid perception persists, unfortunately
(first impressions, and all that).  Current levels of Tomcat show about
the same performance as httpd for static content.  Consequently, placing
httpd in front of Tomcat just to serve static content does not improve
response time for those requests, and has a significant negative impact
for dynamic requests due to the added path length.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.