Chuck,

I appreciate the response, but assuming that a file does need to reside
directly under the webapp folder, can it be hidden from view.  Again, I
understand the alternative, but can I secure the webapp directory?

On 6/25/07, Caldarale, Charles R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: tomcat user [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: securing directory
>
> I would like to know if anybody can tell me how to restrict
> web access to my web app's base directory and its sub directories.

Read the servlet spec.  Anything under WEB-INF is automatically
invisible to everything but the webapp.

To access resources, don't open them via the file system, use the
mechanism described here:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#head-45c3314139cb900ddd43dde2ff67153
2e6e844bc

- Chuck