They can be accessed outside of tomcat's folder, but still have to be in a webapp structure per spec. Can you describe your layout a bit more and include the version of your tomcat?

--David

Victor Huang wrote:
Hi There,

I'm working on a project that needs to move current web application from
IIS/JRUN/Windows into Apache/Tomcat/Windows. One of the problem is I can not
make Tomcat access (pre-compile) JSP pages deployed out of Tomcat folder. It
is working fine under IIS/JRUN.
Our current application has 3 parts:

1. web application back-end which is a WAR file deployed under JRUN

2. web application front-end which is a set of JSPs, htmls, image files,
javascripts, etc. deployed under IIS.

3. A set of JSPs, JavaScript files which can be accessed by front-end.
In case of IIS for example I have index.jsp under IIS which includes
login.jsp which located under another directory - c:\comp\inc\login.jsp,
when IIS calls index.jsp it redirects the page to JRUN, JRUN will complete
the rest of the work and return result to IIS. But this doesn't work on
Apache/Tomcat unless I put all files under Tomcat's webapps directory. Every
time I call Index.jsp all I get in browser is full of html/jsp code in that
file (on FF) or static contents with jsp code (on IE). It seems to me Apache
/jk connector doesn't send the page to Tomcat but rather serve it as a
static HTML page!

I tried to change server.xml by adding Context, JK connector properties
file, Apache httpd.conf by adding lines which specifies external resource
but it didn't work out.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!

/Victor