I've configured my web.xml, context.xml, code snippets and library deployment as directed in http://localhost:8081/docs/jndi-resources-howto.html, the JavaMail section, and can locate my JNDI resource just fine, but attempts to send the mail result in an SMTP 530 error,"No AUTH command given". From google searches and my own experimentation, I've concluded I need to use an approach where I create my own Session and supply username, password in the Transport.connect() call. While this works (i.e authentication is given OK and the mail gets sent OK), it does not use the container-supplied session, so it precludes the need for the JNDI configuration. What is the technique that enables use of a JNDI javamail resource from Tomcat 6 and have the authentication taken care of?

Thanks-
-Gary Horton