Robert J. Carr wrote:
> I'd like to add the webdav servlet to my own web application.  I can
> do this and it works, but it treats the root of my webapp as the root
> of the dav share.

The way the webdav servlet is written, it exposes the whole of the
webapp. Mapping it to /edit/* allows the content to be exposed at an
alternative url. The idea is that normal users access /your-app/*, a
system admin can edit contant via /your-app/edit/*.

To do what you want to do would require:
- changes to the webdav servlet
- placing the edtiable content in a separate (sub-)context
- blocking webdav methods for urls that should not be editable

Mark