This has probably been discussed here before, I'm certain, but I've been
perusing the archives for a bit and haven't come across it yet.

When I get errors in the 400 series, the browser will show me specifically the
numeric error in question - i..e 404 for a page not found, 403 for an invalid
reference, etc., but I've yet to see anything specific in the 500 series.
Does Tomcat return that as well, and what is the method for retrieving this
message and value.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

Meanwhile, I'll keep searching the archives for info on it.