Why is the URIEncoding attribute specified on the connector rather than on a
host, for example? Does this mean that the number of virtual hosts that can
listen on the same port on the same box are limited by whether they all use
the same encodings in their URIs? Now that I think about it, wouldn't it be
at the context level, not even at the host level?

In Tomcat 6, should the useBodyEncodingForURI be used if not needing
compatibility with 4.1, as the documentation mentions?

To see if I have things straight, is HttpServletRequest's
get/setCharacterEncoding used for both the request parameters from a GET
request AND the contents of the POST? How are multipart POST requests dealt
with?

And HttpServletResponse's get/setCharacterEncoding is used for the contents
of the response header and the meta tags? Does it also encode the page
content itself?

What about the encoding of cookies for both incoming requests and outgoing

Thanks.