Are there any flat files to look at or modify the manager/html settings.
The tricky
part is that I don't have phyisical access to the machine. I can log in
through ssh
and do have sufficient privileges to tweak the server. I've tried wget
on localhost,
so I know the helloWorld webapp is working and hosted.
I think the ports are close for hosting the tomcat server. Catalina has
its connector
set to port 8084 in the server.xml and nmap -sT localhost indicates
that
this port is not open (other servers are hosted on this machine so I
get a different
port). I'm not very good at troubleshooting networking problem but I
think this may be the
reason my web browser cannot see the server. So ultimately, accessing
manager/html
may be a moot point since I cannot access the server.

I  think I've just answered my own question and I just need to bug tech
support :P.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 7/8/2007 12:13 AM >>>
Nathan, you should still be able to get to the manager from
http://localhost:8080/manager/html

If you messing around with the ROOT config, its a little tricky because
its
precompiled.
The easiest way to change ROOT, is to just make a webapp with the name
ROOT
and an empty context path.... do whatever you want, then drop the WAR
into
TC.

If you trying to retore it, just copy the contents of another TC.