Not knowing how this code is working:

 DataSource ds = this.getDataSource(request,"jdbc/TestDB");
> if(ds == null)
>     throw new InternalException("datasource is null");

I'm not sure what to tell you. The method getDataSource( request, "jdbc/TestDB" ) is not a part of tomcat or the servlet spec. Is it part of Struts?

--David

Nhut Thai Le wrote:
You are definitely right, i was sleepy while posting the question. The 1.2.9 is the struts version. The bundles tomcat is 5.5.17. But is it the cause of my problem? David Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Tomcat 1.2.9??? I doubt that's the real version number. Typical version numbers are 4.x, 5.0.x, 5.5.x, or 6.0.x. I think Netbeans bundles started with 5.0.x later upgraded to 5.5.x with Netbeans 5.5. Could you take another look?

--David

Nhut Thai Le wrote:
Hi guys,
  I 'm developing a simple web app with netbeans with bundle tomcat 1.2.9. I
want to use connection pooling fir my web app. Thus, i config as follow:
Here is my server.xml:

And here is my WEB-INF/web.xml

AccessControl
        com.core1.filter.AccessControl

loginPage

/WEB-INF/authentication/login.jsp

AccessControl
        /protected/*

com.core1.listener.ResourceManagerListener
action
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet
config

/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml

debug

2

detail

2

2 action
        *.do
30
            index.jsp
Exception
        /WEB-INF/error/error.jsp
DB connection
        jdbc/TestDB
        javax.sql.DataSource
        Container
I assume that by referencing the DataSource in WEB-INF/web.xml to the DataSource initialized in server.xml, I can access the Datasource from anywhere. However, in one of my Action Class(i'm using Struts framework) I have the following code DataSource ds = this.getDataSource(request,"jdbc/TestDB");
if(ds == null)
    throw new InternalException("datasource is null");
Supprisingly, the exception is thrown! The DataSource is null after all.Is there anything else i have to do? It's been 2 weeks i have stuck with this problem. Hope anyone can give a suggestion Thai

Where there's will, there's a way

Where there's will, there's a way