can you explicitly try to define the bind address in the <Connector> element? could it be that the default 0.0.0.0 or whatever it's IPv6 counterpart is, is not accepted?

Filip

John Pederzolli wrote:
I am having issues using APR in an HP-UX environment; Ive successful
built/installed APR in multiple Linux environments so am I bit lost what is
happening in HP-UX...

I get the following error while trying to start Tomcat:

SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint
java.lang.Exception: Socket listen failed: [14] Bad address
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint.init(AprEndpoint.java:576)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol.init(Http11AprProtocol.jav
a:115)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initialize(Connector.java:101
6)

I am running Tomcat 5.5 and using Java 1.5 on HP-UX (9000/PA-RISC)

Any ideas? Thanks

- John