I have a web app written by another developer that I am trying to deploy with Tomcat. The app utilizes jsp and jsf elements. I am experiencing strange behavior with a portion of the application, however only when it is run through the public domain name; when I run it on the server through the "http://localhost/"; URL it all works flawlessly.

Overall with the public URL 98% of the app works fine. However there are two functions of the app that experience a strange behavior. When I attempt to submit the page the forwarded URL becomes "http://edit.jsf/"; instead of "http://mydomain.org/edit.jsf"; -- but only when run through the public URL and only those two pages. When I am doing it on the server using "localhost" the troublesome pages properly forward to "http://localhost:8080/edit.jsf"; and every other page in the app forwards properly with both public and localhost URLs.

I have been back and forth through the source code and spent a fair amount of time trying to determine if it is a Javaserver Faces problem and can find no evidence that it is. The fact that it works with localhost seems (to me) to point away from a jsf problem, however this is my first real experience with jsf. I have asked on some jsf lists and gotten no input. I have also tried with Tomcat 5.5.17, 5.5.23, and 6.0.10 and experienced identical behavior. The original developer does not experience this on his system which limits his ability to help me figure it out.

I am not a complete newbie with Tomcat but my experience to date has been pretty straightforward. Does anything about this ring any bells to anyone? Even any suggestions about where to look would be appreciated.