> From: John Moore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat6 Manager App HOW-TO
>
> Everything I'm asking here comes from the Tomcat6 Manager HOW-TO..
> (newly printed from the site)
>
> You are basically saying, as I understand it,  that it is
> either wrong or incomplete.

The only part that I find somewhat misleading is the following:

"There are two ways to configure the Manager web application Context:
"    * Install the manager.xml context configuration file in the
"      $CATALINA_HOME/conf/[enginename]/[hostname] folder.
"    * Configure the Manager Context within the Host configuration
"      in your Tomcat server.xml configuration. Here is an example:
"      <Context path="/manager" privileged="true"
"
docBase="/usr/local/kinetic/tomcat6/server/webapps/manager">
"      </Context>"

The first bullet is really only needed when additional <Host> elements
have been configured, and you want a manager webapp for each.  It fails
to mention that the manager webapp is automatically set up for the
default <Host> in the standard Tomcat 6 download.

The second bullet should probably be eliminated, since it's no longer in
keeping with the philosophy of avoiding placing webapp configurations
inside the server.xml file.  It may be there simply for completeness,
but ideally it should at least include a caveat.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.