What are you typing into the browser to access this app? Your error message says "LoginApp" wasn't found, but here your servlet is named "login". Try using "login" in your URL instead of LoginApp.

pinky88 wrote:
yup i have it defined in a web.xml in the WEB-INF folder.. my web.xml is as
follows:

<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";
    version="2.4">

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>login</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>com.cellusys.test.LoginApp</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>login</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>/login</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

Perhaps I've done something wrong with this, I copied from the web
application that my cousin deployed for me, and changed the servlet name and
pattern..?

Thanks,
Pinky

David Kerber wrote:
Do you have the LoginApp servlet defined in web.xml or another equivalent place?

pinky88 wrote:
HTTP Status 404 - /LoginApp

type Status report

message /LoginApp

description The requested resource (/LoginApp) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/5.5.23

Pinki, please post the entire tomcat log here.