Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to ask about JSPs but I'm using the
tomcat 5.5.27 container and i cannot access my webapp on it. ( described
below)

I'm trying to create a simple login webapp which has a html form -
loginForm.html, a servlet called LoginApp, and a jsp file called
welcome.jsp. i'm trying to use a request dispatcher to follow the welcome
page from the servlet when the correct values are entered for username and
password.

However, I cannot get anything to run on tomcat..

In an old servlet (deployed from a war file) , i can access contents from
http://localhost:8080/MyWebApp-1.0-SNAPSHOT/

The current one is again deployed from a war file but when i try to access
it via http://localhost:8080/LoginApp-1.0-SNAPSHOT/

i get the following error:

HTTP Status 404 - /LoginApp-1.0-SNAPSHOT/

type Status report

message /LoginApp-1.0-SNAPSHOT/

description The requested resource (/LoginApp-1.0-SNAPSHOT/) is not
available.
Apache Tomcat/5.5.23

my web.xml looks like this:

<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";
    version="2.4">

   <servlet>
   <servlet-name>login</servlet-name>
   <servlet-class>com.cellusys.test.LoginApp
   </servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>login</servlet-name>
   <url-pattern>/login</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet>
   <servlet-name>welcome</servlet-name>
   <jsp-file>/welcome.jsp
   </jsp-file>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>welcome</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/welcome</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

I probably need something else.. as I haven't mentioned the form, but in the
previous one it wasn't necessary.

I'm new to all of this Google isn't helping much, i've made any changes I
can find that should work but they don't..

Thanks in advance :)
Pinky