On Fri Jul 20 15:23:45 CEST 2007 Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
wrote:

Christopher Schultz-2 wrote:
> > So, multiple simultaneous AJAX requests are considered illegal? >
Exactly. All requests that modify the session state will be synchronized.

Christopher Schultz-2 wrote:
> > I would also recommend vetoing the /second/ request, rather than
> canceling the first request when a second one comes in.

Well, once the requests are synchronized, I'd like to give users an ability
to change their mind and not wait until the first request finishes. That is
the main justification for interrupting threads. It will allow for a more
responsive interaction with the UI. There is an article with a good example
of request synchronization:
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2004/03/24/loadcontrol.html.

Hope it's clear now why I'm asking about interrupting threads - vetoing the
second request would make the user wait for the first one to complete.

The requests aren't synchronized. Only updating the session is synchronized.
So, you can make multiple ajax requests to servlets if the browser supports it.

Ronald.