Hi guys,

Being using FTP, thought I would give WebDav a try, but cant get it working
nicely...

This is the mapping for the webdav servlet, and this I can get working with IE
web folders (ms webdav client).... seems to work nicely.
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

So I thought, nice, but it overrides the default welcome index.jsp page in the
browser... so I tried this.

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/webdav/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Now the IE browser seems to respond correctly.... ie
http://localhost:8080/webapp  will give welcome page
and http://localhost:8080/webapp/webdav/  shows the files IN THE BROWSER

But in MS you have to stick the link in a Web-Folder so that you can manipulate
files, and MS reports this (/webapp/webdav/) as not being a WEB Folder?

So I'm wondering if this mapping is illegal from the point of view of the
webdav servlet.... or its a problem with MS Web Folders?

Thx....

Johnny Kewl
  eMail: John<No Spam>kewlstuff.co.za  -- replace <No Spam> with @ --
  Cell: +027-72- 473-9331