Concerning the nested pages: have a look at the worker attribute recovery_options on

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html

You might like to set this to "3" or "7".

Concerning tc-native: you might try version 1.1.10, which is available as a separate download. Are there aditional log messages in the jk log?

Regards,

Rainer

Tom wrote:
Hello,

We've been having problems where half complete pages are being returned from
an Apache2-->mod_jk-->Tomcat setup when the native Apache Tomcat libraries
are used.

The problem is easily reproducible with large pages where the content is
stopped at random points. Sometimes mod_jk detects a problem a reports:

[Wed Jul 25 11:18:38 2007] [21823:56208] [error]
ajp_get_reply::jk_ajp_common.c (1618): (worker1) Tomcat is down or network
problems. Part of the response has already been sent to the client

In this situation we end up with a page within a page as mod_jk retries the
request. More often than not though there are no problems logged.

The Tomcat and Apache2 servers are both running on the same machine. I've
recreated an environment with pretty much out-of-the-box settings using:

Apache (mpm-worker) 2.2.4
mod_jk 1.2.23
libapr 1.2.7
Tomcat 5.5.23 (libtcnative compiled from same archive)
Java 1.5.0_09

Making a request directly to the http connector with native libraries works.
Disabling the native libraries is our current workaround.

I'm not sure how I might debug this issue further so would welcome any help.

Tom