When I try to load images in ROOT/images I get a "requested resource (/images/submit.jpg) is not available." error
If I move this image to ROOT/image it works.

The the file is in the images directory webapps directory is webapps/ ROOT/images/submit.jpg

The file is in the images and image directory.
ROOT/images/submit.jpg
ROOT/image/submit.jpg

(Does Not Works) http://76.79.2.227:8080/images/submit.jpg
(Works) http://76.79.2.227:8080/image/submit.jpg

I've verified that the images file works in other application directories. i.e. http://76.79.2.227:8080/admin/images/submit.jpg. I looked in the web.xml files to see if there was any mapping related to /images but couldn't find anything.