Christopher Schultz a écrit :
You want to do this:

java.net.URLEncoder.encode(myParam, request.getCharacterEncoding());

This does not work :) request.getCharacterEncoding() is different from <Connector> URIEncoding. The request character encoding determines in wich character encodig the parameters value will be return to you. But it doesn't determine in wich character encoding the URI has to be read.
Or, you could do what everybody else in the world does and use a tag
library or some other tool to emit URLs including parameters, etc.
What's the problem with URLEncoder ? I don't get you :)

Aah, I get it. I don't believe this is possible. I'd love to hear from a
Tomcat developer, though, just to be safe

that  would be fine :)