Hi,

you didn't give us your versions, you platform or any configuration info.

André Vila Cova wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Apache mod_jk returns following error (frequently...):
>
> [Thu Jul 26 11:07:52 2007] [2703:1120] [error]
> ajp_connection_tcp_get_message::jk_ajp_common.c (948): (app02_aol) can't
> receive the response message from tomcat, network problems or tomcat is
> down
> (192.168.40.11:8007), err=-104
> [Thu Jul 26 11:07:52 2007] [2703:1120] [error]
> ajp_get_reply::jk_ajp_common.c (1566): (app02_aol) Tomcat is down or
> refused
> connection. No response has been sent to the client (yet)

The 104 is the errno of your local platform. For Linux 104 is "Connection reset by peer".

We have two firewalls between Apache Web Server and Tomcat Web , but we
didn't see nothing wrong in firewalls logs.

Response appear on browser, but seems that no ack flag arrives to webserver
to finish request. Tomcat crashs with error All threads (400) are currently
*busy*, waiting. Increase *maxThreads* (400) or check the servlet status.

The above log entry is for only a single request. You write that the response actually goes back to the browser, but I guess you mean "most of the requests", or are you sure that this single request produced a response?

No idea, what you mean by "crash"? If this message appears, it means, that all the threads you have configured in you thread pool of the tomcat connector are busy by running a request. Since you configured 400 threads max, this might actually mean, that something is to slow in your app or in some backend your app is using, so the requests take to long and the system becomes congested. In this situation take a java thread dump to check, what those 400 threads are actually doing.

Is it a configuration problem? May I setup some parameter to resolve
problem?

If only we knew your configuration ...

Regards,

Rainer