Thanks Hassan - just couldn't get it working - figure there must be some
reason that 8080 isn't accessible - the firewall is off though in system
preferences.  I'm sure it is something extremely simple, but i got sick of
trying to find out what it was, so I followed these instructions (roughly)
and did what I said I wasn't going to do :)

http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=UsingMod_jk1.2WithJBoss

port 80 is no problem, so I can access everything as required. Still can't
get to port 8080, but this config gets me where I want too be.  cheers,

Colin

On 7/25/07, Hassan Schroeder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/24/07, Colin H <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On OS X, hosts in the local subnet can be accessed as <hostname>.local

mmm, didn't know that, but...

>    So the scenario is that I have tomcat deployed and working on
> host2 port 8080, and want to access it from host1.

> <Host name="host2.local"

..the instance of Tomcat I have running on an OS X box works fine
without that. I just have the default host as 'localhost', and I access
it from other systems as 'http://hostname/' -- here's the exact
entry from server.xml:

      <Host name="localhost" appBase="/www" />
</Engine>

If you can `ping host2` from host1, it should just work.

FWIW,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]