Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of maya
Subject: Re: Vista woes.. SOLVED (port no. issue..)

yesterday when I was trouble-shooting this I saw somewhere an error that port 80 was being used already...

Probably some flavor of IIS that comes preinstalled, or possibly even
Tomcat as a service.  Try netstat -abnov to see what's using each port.
(The b- and v-options will take a while.)  You can then disable the
unwanted service and start using port 80 for what your really want.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

thank you very much.. I read somewhere yesterday that Vista runs "around" .NET framework, or is "based" on .NET, or something like that, there's probably some .NET webapp installed somewhere by default.. that's ok, port 8080 is fine.. thank you again....