Just to finish this thread off...

The MS clients don't handle 302s at all well but this wasn't the problem
in this case. Sorry for the mis-direction on my part. The default Tomcat
WebDAV configuration is already set up to avoid this 302 issue.

The problem in this case was that MS clients make slight different
requests and I hadn't handled all possible code paths when making some
previous improvements. The current WebDAV servlet will work with MS
clients if the Servlet is mapped to '/*'. I have a patch ready to go
that fixes it for other paths such as '/webdav/*', '/edit/*' etc.

I'll commit this patch shortly for 4.1.x, 5.5.x and 6.0.x

With this patch in place, MS clients now work on port 80 as well as
other ports.

Mark