Thanks for your reply!  I will try the steps suggested below.

Lakshmi

-----Original Message-----
From: Rainer Jung [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 2:20 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: [NOT SOLVED]Tomcat native library Not found in Solaris 9

Hi,

first of all: this is a gcc question. If you search for a high quality
answer, you should contact the gcc commmunity.

My personal way to do this (and there is definitely more than one wait
to do it):

export CC="gcc -specs=/path/to/my/specs"

Contents of file /path/to/my/specs:

*libgcc:
-lgcc -lgcc_eh

Now whenever you use a build system, that respects the CC env variable
(e.g. most configure based systems), libgcc should get compiled in
statically.

Regards,

Rainer