Hi,

I followed the "Tomcat with 8 GB memory" thread but did not find the answer to the following question:

I am setting up a Linux server with 8 GB memory which will be running 3 instances of tomcat 5,5; when I allocate memory to java, say 2GB:

1. Does each tomcat instance use a separate 2 GB of memory, ie the 3 instance use 6 GB between them ?
2. or do they potentially share they same memory?

In other words with the 6GB I want to share between the 3 separate Tomcat instances do I allocate the whole 6GB to Java or 2GB

Thank you

Peter Sparkes