> From: Waseem Azhar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Connecting to 127.0.0.1:8443... failed: Connection refused is
> the message i
> get. I get the same message 'Connection refused' when try to
> connect from
> the browser remotely. I have tried using "netstat -an | grep
> 8443" command
> but nothing show up. seems tomcat is not listening. What could be the
> possible reason for not being listening?

If it's not listening due to a config error, I'd expect some output to
that effect in the logs.  Just as a check, search for the log lines
saying it's starting up a connector on port XXX - do you see one for
port 80?  Do you see one for 8443?

> I don't know if
> this information
> going to be helpful, I have started tomcat using jsvc on prot
> 80.

Just to check: is port 80 OK?  You can go to http://localhost and see
the Tomcat welcome page?

                - Peter