Gregor,

I am using the following:

    Tomcat 5.5.20
    Xalan 2.7.0
    Eclipse 3.2.2
    JDK build 1.6.0-b105

I already include xml-apis-1.3.03.jar in the WAR's WEB-INF/lib-directory.
However, while I need the class javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactory contained in
xml-apis-1.3.03.jar, this class also occurs in the SDK's rt.jar.

How can you be sure of which jar gets used by Tomcat for a WAR produced in a
Maven build?

-David