Thank you Markus!

I'll take a careful look at server.xml file!

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Markus Schönhaber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 10 de agosto de 2007 11:55
Para: users@tomcat.apache.org
Assunto: Re: Define tomcat ports

Milanez, Marcus schrieb:

> We need have two tomcat instances (different versions, 5.0.xx and
> 6.0.xx) running in the same server. We need it because we have some
> web applications deployed in Tomcat 5 which don't start in Tomcat 6.
> We won't have enough time to migrate all the applications to adhere
> some Tomcat 6 issues, so we need this scenario for a while.
>
> I would like to know whether there are port numbers restrictions, or
> I'm free to configure any number I like...

The actual values of the port numbers Tomcat is told to bind to don't matter.
Nevertheless the "natural" restrictions apply. For example, no two applications
can bind to the same port, on unix-like systems you'll need root privileges to
bind to ports < 1024.

Especially: if you want to run two Tomcat instances, you'll have to make sure
that all ports one instance listens to are different from all ports the other
(or any other application on the machine) listens to. This applies to all
configured Connectors and the shutdown ports (unless you use jsvc).

Regards
  mks