David Delbecq wrote:
En l'instant précis du 10/08/07 10:34, Rainer Jung s'exprimait en ces
termes:

The question about Tomcat serving no more requests, once you reached
the OS thread limit: if a new request comes in, the listening thread
serves the request and a new thread is taken out of the pool to do the
next accept on the port. If the pool is empty, it will try o create
new threads for this task. If this fails, there will be no more thread
listening on the connector port, so your tomcat is not reachable any
more.
Not to mention, on most unix OSes, in java, when you reach the maximum
Thread limit and you try to allocated a new thread you get a
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError, which, as most errors, are not catch by code :)

And that's exactly the point, were we (Tomcat) usually loose our accept thread. But as always: first comes OOME, then comes undefined behaviour ...