To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 4:47 PM
Subject: RE: IIS redirect to Apache

Martin,

To clarify our setup, our site receives the initial HTTP request and the
application server in question is IIS and the site is written in
ASP.NET.  Some of the pages that will be served will include a frame
that hosts pages from this product hosted by Tomcat on another server.
The current configuration is such that the product invokes some
javascript on the client and the javascript is generating errors
preventing the pages from working properly.  The vendor states that this
is due to security issues with the javascript executing across domains
and the way to fix this is to implement a proxy from IIS that redirects
the request (I'm assuming server side but I'm not sure) to the Tomcat
webapp.  I'm looking to see if anyone else has any experience they could
lend in creating a proxy from IIS that redirects a request to a Java
webapp hosted by Tomcat on another physical server.

My understanding is I will then be able to reference the URL and make it
look like it's part of the domain running in IIS instead of formatting
another URL in the form of

Thanks,
Tony Fountain
Benefit Concepts, Inc.