There were in fact bugs with requests > 2GB in both Tomcat and mod_jk
which were fixed recently, as Rainer pointed out. (And some of the
code was using -1 if the content-length was too large.) Upgrading to
6.0.14 or the next 5.5 release should fix the problem.

There's no size limit on commons-fileupload as far as I can tell, but
I've never tried it with a huge file.
--
Len