> From: Hehl, Thomas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: JDBC connection issue
>
> Before, we would run multiple webapps and each had their own
> context file that matched the webapps. Like for the one below,
> we had one called mo.xml.

That's still true in Tomcat 6.  However, the preferred location for the
<Context> element is bundled with the webapp, in the webapp's
META-INF/context.xml; if you have a <Context> declaration in
conf/Catalina/[host]/[appname].xml, it will override the <Context> in
META-INF/context.xml.

> With 6, I've dropped mo.xml into the conf directory directly
> since that seemed to be what the docs recommended.

Where does the doc say that?  I certainly can't find anything that
suggests putting it directly in the
conf directory.

> Now, I'm thinking, I need to integrate all this into context.xml.

If you're thinking conf/context.xml, then definitely not - that file
must contain only attributes common to all webapps.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.