> From: Thomas Kwan (eTechFocus) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Register url in ROOT application
>
> I want to be able to register a servlet in the ROOT application
> that will handle request to "/app1". Note that the name space
> "/app1" is already taken up by my "app1" application.

I don't see any direct way to do this.  There are a couple of indirect
mechanisms that should work, but both depend on using something other
than "app1" under ROOT; we'll use "app1r" in the following:

1) Put a welcome page in the app1 webapp that redirects to /app1r; this
exposes the renaming to the client, which may be undesirable.

2) Use a filter in the app1 webapp that forwards the request to /app1r;
this requires enabling cross-context, which should not be a problem.

3) Use a valve at the <Host> level to forward the request to /app1r;
this would be Tomcat-specific, but would avoid changes to app1.

If you are front-ending Tomcat with httpd, I think you could also use
URL rewriting in httpd to get the request to go where you want it.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.