Hello --

We have a load balanced situation, and we have a JSP that runs and checks
our application to ensure it's up and returns a string that the monitor app
is looking for if all is well.

Repeatedly, that JSP will work, but the site is down because Tomcat hit an
OutOfMemory exception -- but our JSP (which is very small) still runs
through it's process and returns that everything is happy.  Our application
is up, but the 500 error is an OutOFMemory exception.

We need a fool-proof way of knowing that the site is up or not, specifically
so the load balancer will know to stop routing traffic to a server when it's
down, and we can have people taking a look at what happened and bring the
server back online without loss of service from a user perspective.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

thanks,
Kim :-)