You are right, when I look up the services I can see that Tomcat is running
using the JVM that you have told me:
/usr/lib/jvm/java/bin/java -Djava.awt.headless=true
-Dcatalina.ext.dirs=/usr/...

I changed that from the tomcat5.conf file:

# tomcat5 service configuration file

# you could also override JAVA_HOME here
# Where your java installation lives
###JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java"
JAVA_HOME="/usr/java/latest"

But probably as I'm executing Tomcat as a service the service def should be
the one that is pointing to the wrong JVM.

Any idea how the change the service def?

Thanks,

Johann