On 8/23/07, lightbulb432 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What is the preferred API for accessing MBeans from within servlets or
> JSPs?
>
> MBeanServerConnection jmxServerConnection = JMXConnectorFactory.connect
> (new
> JMXServiceURL(urlForJMX),null).getMBeanServerConnection();
> jmxServerConnection.getAttribute(new
> ObjectName("Application:Name=Server,Type=Server"),"myAttribute");

This code can connect to  an MBeanServer  which need not be in the same JVM
as your Servlet and you may need to provide authorization credentials to get
connected.

OR

> MBeanServer server = (MBeanServer)
> MBeanServerFactory.findMBeanServer(null).get(0);
> AttributeList list = server.getAttributes(new
> ObjectName("Application:Name=Server,Type=Server"),"myAttribute");

This code looks up MBeanServers in the same JVM as your Servlet.

They both have roughly the same amount of code and do the same thing, so I'm